Fall is fast approaching, and as the temperature gets colder, you may be tempted to open some windows in your home. Still, you want to remain safe, so please read over the following tips:
• Make sure furniture is away from open windows, to prevent children and pets from climbing.
• Try only to leave windows open that are out of children’s reach.
• Kids can still fall through an open window with a window screen. Window screens are made to keep insects from getting in.
• Don’t nail or paint windows shut because you may need to open them in an emergency.
• Window locks are ideal, but they should open from the inside. This is to make sure intruders can’t open from the inside, but you can still open from the inside if you need to.
To safeguard your home even further, please get in touch with our independent insurance agency in Aurora, CO, for all your homeowner insurance needs.